On 04/02/2018 09:23 AM, Marius Liebenberg wrote:
Hi
I have had this piece of machine in the store for a long time. I think it was used to decant fishing line to the smaller plastic reels. I have a need for a small dedicated lathe that will onpy cut soft materials like plastic and aluminium occasionally. The spindle in the picture is what is currently fitted to the machine and I would like to refurbish and use it. The question I have is what RPM will I be able to run the spindle seeing that it uses these brass bearings?
Depending on diameter, I would treat it like an old lathe with bronze bearings. 1000 RPM should be no problem with adequate oil lube.

Ed.