I am getting ready to enhance my mill by adding 4th and 5th axis plus tool and work probes.  At the current

time I am using a 6I25 in my computer and a 7I76 in the Mill Driver cabinet.  To house the drivers for my 4th and

5th Axis as well as additional io for the probes I am expanding to a 2nd electronics cabinet.  In this cabinet I am installing

the HA-655 drivers for my FHA25C series harmonic drives, an isolation transformer, 24 volt switching supply, and a 7I84.

My question is about the best way to hook up step and direction from the 7I76 in the first cabinet to the Drivers in the second cabinet.

Should I run separate signal wires between the cabinets or is there some way to transfer this function to the 7I84?

Thanks for any insight

Hubert