5150 , do you have a kiln ? It will need bent, normalized . Treated then
tempered . It's the temper that will be most difficult . I would think
somewhere between 4-600 degrees at a 2 hour soak, exact temp will be trial
and error , so you should probably make several. A pid controlled melting
pot makes for a very consistent temper , but may be a little warm for your
application. I have made many of these springs for Remington, but we always
outsourced the heat treat.