Home switches should go to the positive side , z up, y towards you and x on
the right.
Most 4 axis I have used were mounted on the negative end ( left ) ( mazak)
but the carousel was not in the path of the 4th axis, the fadals ( which
homed to the center of the table , as well as the daewoo) were mounted to
the right because the carousel would have been an interfering factor, mine
will mount to the right because it will be a threaded lathe spindle ( in
stock ) and I don't want it throwing chips at me or unscrewing, but I have
other hurdles to jump before adding more joints to this machine 😀😀😀