On Sat, Jul 14, 2018 at 1:14 PM Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:

> Nope, and any current flowing out is matched by a current coming back,
> and when they add at a distance, they are essentially canceling because
> one matches the other but has an opposite sign.

Yes of course this is true.  But it is true if the wires are twisted 1, 4
or 16 times per inch.   Why does twist help?

OK I just figured it out.  if you look at the e-feild at a point some
distance from the wire pair and the pair is twisted you can integrate the
field in the direction of the wire (in a plane parallel to the cable and
e-feild at d is truly zero.  It is way hard to symbolically but way easy
using numeric integration.  The results are pretty dramatic.   I can see
why every new kind of data cable uses this.

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California