On Wednesday 26 September 2018 16:17:15 andy pugh wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Sep 2018 at 15:08, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
wrote:
> > And the 2nd is axial alignment, combined with the beam spreading at
> > 30" out, gives a bar of light at full intensity that is around 2mm
> > wide by 4mm long, and describes a nearly 10 mm diameter circle on
> > the target as the spindle rotates.
>
> I think you need to mount the module in a tube, then mount that tube
> in a bigger tube with 4 x setscrews at the front and the back. Then
> you can adjust both the axis and the alignment to make the smallest
> possible circle both near the spindle and at the end of the bed. It's
> like a 4-jaw chuck only tedious.

These appear to have such an adjustment facility, one is a 38 spcl
replica, the other is a 6.5 Creedmore but with the laser instead of a
bullet.

The screwdriver or whatever is used to adjust them is smaller than the
needle for a flu shot. The access hole might be 15 thou in diameter.
It's there, 4 of them at 90 degree spacing, but veddy veddy small.
Smaller than an 0-80 screw by quite a bit.  Tedious would be an
understatement, Andy.

I'll get my solder crack finder lens out and see what I can see in the
holes tomorrow.

Thanks Andy.