Greetings all;

Working on my gcode to make it run better on this new machine, as part of
the init code, I have a G10 L2 R0.00000 to cancel anything left in
memory, then 5 or 6 lines later running in map G54, I have a G10 L2 P1
R-90.000 to rotate the whole pattern so the long side is aligned with
the tables T slots to aid in my aligning the workpiece on the table.

I've also rewrote it so the dsub connectors are located by offsets that
are added to all the x/y locations, so the connectors are shown in the
backplot at exactly where they were before. But the backplot is not
showing the effects of the G10 L2 R-90.00000, the pattern is still laid
out horizontally on screen. The machine, when I go to it seems to
responds to the mdi commands, rotating the red/green arrows as
requested.  And a move command is in the expected direction, but the
arrow keys are still x=horizontal and y=to/from. So I'll figure it out
eventually.

On another front. I opened up the OEM motor box, finding its supplies for
the stepper drivers were only about 14.5 volts, disconnected them all,
AND much more importantly to me, the vfd circuit board does indeed have
a well marked REV input that wasn't used. AVI which I have to assume
stands for Analog Voltage In, com, fwd, and reverse, so I whittled off
about 6 feet of cable and connected it. But I see both a 10 volt and a
12 volt called out but not used, so I've not a clue if the AVI is 5 volt
or 10 volt. Aha, might have found it, register setting D031 0=digital,
1=AVI, 2=ACI(0-20 ma) 3=485 com port, 4=PWM, and 5=potentiometer(front
panel?, doesn't say.)

So now I have to find me a terminal block. I have a gs16-4 connector on
the back panel of this home brewed driver, but apparently no record of
which pin is which. I coulda/shoulda left notes in the hal file. I can
scope or meter it, just have to get the scope 7 feet up in the air

But I was getting light headed from all that running up and down a short
ladder, so figured I'd better come in and check my sugar, which was fine
at 135 (great for me) but the blood  pressure gizmo says my systolic
pressure was about 20 high at 141, but the pulse is only 41. Half or
less what I've been for 83 years. Might be time for a different BP pill.

This lashup was hard put to run the HF mill at 20 ipm rapids, but with
these motors and slightly faster screws, X&Y are happy as clams at 60
ipm, and Z is doing 80 without any complaints. Software stepping mind
you. I  also levered it back on the table until the back of the Y screw
is about to touch the water tank, so the spindle motor can't destroy the
next monitor shelf I make.

Progress, I think.

Dinner time anyway.