On Thursday 10 January 2019 17:21:12 Greg Bernard wrote:

> So sorry to hear, Gene, but glad you got care in time. Now that you
> have the pacemaker, no playing with induction heaters! Many years ago
> I worked for an optical instrument company that used induction brazing
> to fabricate telescope tubes. The 80 year old patriarch of the company
> with a recently installed pacemaker happened to be standing near just
> as the heater was turned on and almost instantly fell to the floor.
> Fortunately, he survived and went on for another 10 years, never
> missing a day of work. Just take care of yourself, this forum wouldn't
> be the same without you!

It likely would not have as much levity w/o me. I wonder if they have
faraday cage sized to fit me.

I had company come into a transmitter site while I was working on a ch-8
tv transmitter, one of the neighbors half a mile back down the hill in
Iron Mountain MI, and when I had turned it on, he headed for the door,
and managed to get far enough away it started working again before he
was in real trouble. I didn't know until then he had a pacemaker. So now
I would no doubt be in that same boat.  And I do have one of those
induction heater thingies. 1500 watter according to the propaganda.
Maybe I should find a new home for it?