A pacemaker.

That's one way to get some new hardware!

Glad you are back at it.

Pacemakers run in my family.
They are amazingly durable.
Trivia ...Most of the wire used to tie the heart into the pacemakers is made in
Fort Wayne, IN.
That makes you part Hoosier!  :-)

Dave

On 1/10/2019 12:53 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
On Sunday 06 January 2019 12:03:10 Kenneth Lerman wrote:

Back on the list Kenneth, thank you.

Gene,

You can tell me that it's none of my business, but having your heart
rate decrease by a factor of two can be a sign of serious cardiac
problems. (I've been a volunteer EMT in Newtown, CT for over twenty
years.)
This is gradual, spread over the last 5 years or so.

Please, get thee to a Dr. ASAP. Don't neglect it. Particularly if you
are more out of breath than usual.
Thats the problem, I am not noticeably out of breath.

I suggest that you don't drive yourself. DIAL 911.

I know, you probably can't leave Dee alone. But if you neglect your
own health, you may just leave her permanently.
A definite possibility. One of those little finger grabbers says 97%, and
39 right now. 97 is just a hair low, but pr has settled back to 38 in
the couple minutes I've been sitting here.  All the doc could say just
10 days ago was that there was a slight murmur of a valve but nothing to
worry about. He had heard it before, a year or so back.
(It will be a sad day for me when "ghesk...@shentel.net" goes silent.)
I'm realistic enough to know it will happen, sometime. Dee was still
sleeping the last time I looked while making morning coffee. And that
first cup has me at 37. And I didn't send this, got up hung a note that
said I was headed for the ER on her potty chair. Then drove myself to
the ER...  That was Sunday.

Now its Thursday and, I'm back from the body shop, typeing a little
slower, and sorer and with a foreign object in my chest. A pacemaker. So
you haven't gotten rid of me yet. :) Mentally I think I'm OK, but I'm
under orders to not drive for about a week because it slows reflexes
among other things. I got a sore throat while in the OR but they didn't
intubate me so they cultured a tonsil swab and gave me the first dose of
levoflaxen yesterday, and a script for 7 more, pills. That stuff
dissolves the tendons, so no heavy lifting for the next 15 days, till it
wears off. No warfarin till at least a week, and stop the lisonopril.

Like I told the doc when he walked in as I was trying to clean lunch out
of my teeth with an Arkansas toothpick, can you get another 25,000 miles
out of me?  Sure he says, the battery is good for 10 years.

Anyway, thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

I hope everyone is alive and well while I was gone.