On Friday 11 January 2019 05:28:30 andy pugh wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 at 17:56, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
wrote:
> > Now its Thursday and, I'm back from the body shop, typeing a little
> > slower, and sorer and with a foreign object in my chest. A
> > pacemaker.
>
> Probably best if you don't try customising the pacemaker firmware :-)

Hadn't contemplated that, Andy.  Not yet... :-)

Back on thread, I got my xml recovered so at least I can run the newest
master of LCNC. The backplot is now rotated as it should be, but the
span of x is now reported as a - figure. So IMO, the r-90 is
missinterpreted yet. What I wanted was = to a 270 clockwise rotation
with the -90 command, placeing the former 0.0 point at the lower left
corner of the pattern at 0.0 being the lower left corner of the pattern.
It is cutting it correctly, but the 0.0 point is now at the upper left
corner of the pattern, a foot away from the desired lower right anchor
corner.

What it appears to have done is thrown away the - in G10 L20 p1 r-90.

Playing a bit it seem R90 was the correct argument to get the effect I
wanted. I suspect a large part of that is my understanding of how the
rotation works since I've never before used it with that large an angle.
But I still don't have a 4mm mill supply, so I'm still cutting air
without motor power.  And no perms to go climbing on the thing to hook
up the final vfd controlling cable so I have control over the spindle
from LCNC. There is yet some danger that strenuous effort from the left
shoulder could displace the tickle wire lead into my heart, they want it
to heal around it for a couple weeks before even carrying the coffee in
more than cup qty's.

But its progress. But now I need to set that as a default to be added to
the align kit results. I want to be able to put the workpiece on a spoil
board, and probe the former X edge to make a correction in case the
spoil board is off a couple degrees.
==========================
To those contemplating the purchase of a 3020, or 6040 version of this
router, be aware the drivers are only getting 14 volts and change, so
the rapids aren't anything to write to mother about. By re-useing the
old HF mill driver box, and still software stepping with an atom board
rapids of 80 IPM are 100% doable on only 28 volts from motor power. So
once I've made a 2nd copy of this newer 5i25/7i76 interface, getting rid
of the software stepping. I expect to see rapids in the 200 IPM range.

The only real reason to buy their driver box is the vfd in it can run
from a std 127 volt wall plug. I will probably extract it, its
programming pcb/display and the fan and put it in a smaller, certainly
lighter box. That steel box weighs a young ton. I'll marry its huge
block of alu used for a heat sink, with a piece of real heat sink when I
do that.

And since my garage is heated, I have 3 gallons of distilled in the water
tank, and debating on useing some added 50-50 for corrosion control but
I'd likely be better off with a bypass deionizer as thats saved me
thousands in reduced plumbing maintenance in that old 1950's era water
cooled GE transmitter at the tv station.

Anybody else useing a deionizer instead of anti-freeze for this?

Thanks Andy.