I have used AVR chips to add features to LinuxCNC that where not easy to do with a parallel port alone. Now I would like to take a try at using one of these Blue Pills:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/222676944274

So far I have used this link:
https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/Arduino_STM32/wiki/Programming-an-STM32F103XXX-with-a-generic-%22ST-Link-V2%22-programmer-from-Linux

to get OpenOCD installed, configured and running. I am able to telnet to port 4444 and play with some of the commands. Next, it seems that I need to come up with a way to develop and compile C files to flash to the STM32, but a lot of the STM32 information on the Web is old or conflicts with different methods from various sources. If someone here has a simple development system, I would appreciate any links or hints.

Thank you.

--
Kirk Wallace
http://www.wallacecompany.com/E45/