On Saturday 26 October 2019 19:56:59 Chris Albertson wrote:

> "zip cord"?     Search for "speaker wire"    This come in all sizes
> and in a few different colors., white, black/red and white
>
> I use  it for power and what not in prototypes but for "real" work I'd
> spec the proper multiconductor cable.

Which, the way I work, adding this or that function until I have pretty
much explored what the machine can do, would waste a lot of multicore.
Besides, a bunch of 2 conductor or even individual wires in the cable
chain are generally more flexible than bigger multicore would be. I
purposely buy cable chain with double the estimated window size just so
I can snap it open and add another functions wires or hoses without
having to redesign for a whole new cable. This particular change will do
away with a small plastic hose taking 10 psi to the coolant bottle,
replacing it with some 18 gauge black and red zip, only marginally
stiffer than the small bore hose being pulled out. A pressure regulator
at the coke bottles intake vent will go away, which weighs a long pound,
in favor of a 2oz pump, a net loss in the "unsprung weight" the y motor
has to move. Overall, I think a net gain in both velocity and accel
settings for the y.  No change in z w/o a bigger motor, its pretty puny.
A motor I have, about a 235oz I'd estimate at 3x the torque of the oem
toy, but I've misslaid my round tuit.  If I ever find a good image to
put on it that isn't copyrighted, I'll make a couple dozen more, wiping
out that excuse. ;-)  But first, make this mister work... :)

> On Sat, Oct 26, 2019 at 3:31 PM Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
wrote:
> > Greetings all;
> >

> > I went out to wire that pump up today, but discovered that nominally
> > 1/3 roll of small zip cord I thought I had, seems to have obtained
> > some growth hormone, grew legs and walked off.  Might not have been
> > enough anyway.
> >
> > So who has the miniature zip cord at the best price on this side of
> > the pond? I'd like a 50 or 100 foot spool.

I wound up getting some 18 gauge from amazon, the next size down was 28
gauge. Even at .5 amps, that seemed a bit small. But by the time its
strung thru all the cable chain, estimated at 17-18 feet, I'd druther be
big enough than to find I've only 8 volts at the 12 volt motor.

 - Louis D. Brandeis