I also had to use the text based installer.  The GUI based one was
hanging on my wifi dongle and I couldn't find a way to bypass it
connecting to the network.  It saw the network and asked for
credentials and then failed to make the connection.  The text one has
an option to not do the network connection.  After the install the
dongle worked just fine.  This is using an ISO pulled about a month
ago.

Dave