alright,  that is doable, I might need a bit more than 2m, but I can probably find one longer.

Maybe it is the best to rip all the OEM stuff out,  and set up the hardware from scratch, because I think it is probably a good

idea to use linuxcnc.

I also want to  "control" the spindle.  I think in both machines they are DC motors,  and might be  good/fun to replace those by something more controlable.