Sorry.  Yes, a math error.    A better estimate of the worst-case might to
20,000 RPM and 1000 pulses per rev.   That means 330,000 per second for
each channel.   But I bet close to 20,000 per second

A simple comparator with hysteresis would work well.   You really do need
to add hysteresis to deal with noise  Here is a good article:
http://www.ti.com/lit/ug/tidu020a/tidu020a.pdf

Hysteresis is a simple concept.  Every heater thermostat has this built
into it.  The "on-point" is lower than the "off-point"  otherwise the heat
would cycle to fast.

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 8:25 AM andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Feb 2020 at 16:16, Chris Albertson <albertson.ch...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > If there are even 100 pulses per revolution and the spindle runs at 100K
> > RPM then we are talking about 10000K or 10 MHz.
> >

> 100,000 rpm is _very_ fast for a spindle. And even then you missed the 60
> in rpm / Hz conversion.
>
> --
> atp
> "A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed
> for the especial use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics."
> — George Fitch, Atlanta Constitution Newspaper, 1912

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California