"xset -r" and jogging is smooth. Auto repeat must be the problem, false key up.

Andy pugh suggested reverting to e09ae64fb0a76355b4f559e28c91a29fb25af8ce and
this
https://github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/commit/29f52a6e2be42f7785e965a7002eaecf33f0b7aa#diff-5368256524ea7313310fa9c396bbbcf2
 but need some more time for this, maybe tonight.