On 9/17/20 11:30 AM, dave engvall wrote:
Chris,
You might try Synergy, does the whole ball of wax. Not too expensive. Takes time to learn. Parasolids based. 2D, 2.5D, 3D, wireframe, solids,  turning and probably something i missed. Unusual feature is extrusion screws. Runs on linux; will run on Windows but you lose a few features. Has a 30 day free demo.
https://www.webersys.com/

I used to use Synergy but changed to Fusion 360.  I talked to Bob at Weber Systems today and it is now down to just Him.  While still supports current customers he is encouraging those who need other features to look elsewhere.  He lost his Longtime cohort Larry a couple or years ago but he is now retirement age.  It was a long time UNIX product but hasn't transitioned to 64 bit.  He is running it under Ubuntu 16.04 but had trouble with 18.  I don't know if he would be interested in passing the product on, but he hasn't updated since 2015.
As far a photoshop; gimp is pretty good but maybe not so easy to learn.

YMMV

Dave