Greetings all;

I have just found that food grade antifreeze in the water seems to be a
nono for long term useage as motor coolant. It develops a red film on
the water surface that if sucked into the pump, pretty well plugs up the
motors cooling tubing, and its very hard to blow it out with a 100 psi
air hose.

So I'm looking for recommendations for better water treatment than rv
antifreeze mixes.  Along with a source for a suitable screening method,
preferably at the output of the pump, to filter out the inevitable  dead
insects etc, and the bits and pieces of the stick it to the bottom of
the tank suction cups which this antifreeze has now made into silver
dollar sized globs with ragged edges that only faintly resemble suction
cups. Something that's better suited for long term lack of use and uses
distilled makeup water.  But I've no clue what to use in its stead.

Ideas?

Thanks.

 - Louis D. Brandeis