I have been using Pink RV antifreeze for years in my horizontal bandsaw.   The pump has been submersed in it for 7 years or so.    I never goes bad and stuff never seems to grow in it, but it does evaporate slowly.   I just add more. I use it full strength.   The Anticorrosives in it seem to keep rust at bay as well.   Its a generic 7x10 bandsaw. I buy the stuff anyway to winterize my boat, so I always have some around.  Last time I bought it for just over $2/gallon.

Distilled water is quite corrosive.   I would avoid that by itself.  See the link below:

https://www.corrosionpedia.com/definition/407/distilled-water#:~:text=Despite%20its%20benefits%2C%20distilled%20water,carbon%20dioxide%20from%20the%20air.

However I buy gallons of distilled water from the market to dilute full strength auto antifreeze.
Dave