Thanks again Andy, you answered my next questions.  One final question.  I see
gearchange was rewritten but then the rewrite wasn’t put into the final
release.  I was studying the code revisions, which appear to solve some of my
issues.  Is this something that needs bug fixes and testing that just hasn’t
happened yet?

Matt