> Perhaps you can explain why that message shows up at all in an open loop
> situation?  What does the FPGA do that would cause that?  Is there a separate
> message for missing Ethernet or out of sequence Ethernet packets or is it
> lumped into Following Error on Joint?

A further question that I have; if lost ethernet packets raise a Following
Error alarm and does NOT raise a Communication Error alarm, does that always
mean Packet loss threshold is too lenient and/or FERROR, MIN_FERROR is too
strict?

I actually had the same issue but more sporadically.. happened about once per
month. I “fixed" it by commenting out the MIN_FERROR and FERROR .