Question on that.

My vfd encoder card reads encoder pulses at above 7v and under 5v I think.

My encoder I bought from a company in China which made it for me.  It can
do 10k rpm.  And accepts 5-24v input.  Output just corresponds to whatever
the input value is.  So maybe one solution is drop the voltage down to 10v
from vfd and then that is a bit safer.

And I just read that my particular vfd encoder card doesn't output the
encoder  pulses.  So I definitely have to tee onto the line. I bought them
as they were the only ones cheap on ebay.  They rest were so expensive.  Or
unavailable

I'll post up the encoder card manual tomorrow.

First steps are to get the vfd working in closed loop vector control with
the encoder.  Then I can try getting the logic into Linuxcnc.  It's rough
but worst case I put two encoders onto the spindle lol..  I have several
laying around.  One is a nice 5v ttl one that is 5000 ppr.