On Wednesday 30 June 2021 14:47:57 Les Newell wrote:

> On 30/06/2021 12:52, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > This is good to know Les, thank you. But for those who don't know
> > how to achieve that, a 1 axis example would be a huge help.
>
> In your INI file, there are two places where you can set the MIN_LIMIT
> and MAX_LIMIT (joint and axis). Just make sure you hit the axis limit
> before the joint limit. The difference does not need to be much.*
> *
Re-reading that, linuxcnc will not even start if they don't match
exactly. Unless that has been fixed in the month since I last played
with it. I will dbl check that tomorrow but not tonight, its pretty
noisy out at 21:30 here in north central WV. I've already had one
failure of an hour and 45 minutes and it hasn't done me a lot of good to
have the bios restart, due to my standby's start time of just over 5
seconds, thats not enough time to do a cold reboot so it crashes until I
go out and do a full powerdown from each machines switch.  And thats the
condition of the three dell 7010's at the moment. :(

Thanks Les. To becontinued...

> > In making a servo for axis A/B/C in a stepper machine, there is a
> > huge differential in how it runs unhomed, and how it runs after
> > homed. Being a full rotation device, it has no limits set.
>
> In that case you won't be using soft limits, so it makes no
> difference.
>
> Les

 - Louis D. Brandeis