On Thu, 8 Jul 2021 at 23:19, John Dammeyer <jo...@autoartisans.com> wrote:

> When I click the '-' with the RPM at 501 it drops to 401. Again and so on
> down to 101.  The last click should take it down to 1 or 0 RPM.  However that
> last click sends it to max speed of 3000 RPM.

This happens when the PID goes negative. Imagine that the PID output
is 0, but the speed is still positive, so the PID reduces the output
to -10. This becomes an absolute speed ot 10, which is still too high,
so the PID goes down to -100....

The best way round this is probably to pass the pid output through an
abs block (I think that you do that) but then control the spindle
direction using the abs.0.is-positive / is-negative outputs rather
than the spindle direction pins.

--
atp
lunatics."