On Tuesday 09 November 2021 13:03:28 John Dammeyer wrote:

> Thanks Stuart,
> They have several different types.  I thought maybe you still had the
> original container.  No problem.  Almost finished my mist coolant
> system.  Should be installed this weekend I hope. I'll start with
> that.
> John

I'll play buttinsky here John. Finding a low volume valve or pump is a
problem, so I went looking for a cheap "Peristaltic" pump on fleabay,
like the ones that'r inside all that fancy plastic on a stand that tick
along driving an IV hanging above a hospital bed.  And found one at
about a tenner a copy. Knowing how they work, and their failure rate I
bought 4 so's I'd have spares. But running on 12 volts, its about 1000
times too fast, so I cobbled up a retriggerable oneshot in hal and made
on and off cycle timing controlled by a couple pyvcp sliders, so it now
gets about a 5 millisecond pulse at 5 to 20 times a second ejecting less
than a drop of dilute kool-mist per pulse. Running smoothly, it uses
about 2 oz of stuff an hour. Even that dry, its magic while carving alu
with a 3mm 3 flute SC uncoated mill at 15k rpms.  And 2 years later I'm
still running on the first one. I've a sintered bronze weed eater fuel
filter in the 8oz plastic coke bottle reservoir hanging on the side of
the 6040 gantry thats slowly turning black but that has not affected the
flow, yet. I also have an air horn valve rigged so its enabled by the
mist button, and a pressure regulator set for about 2 lbs feeding air to
the mister. But that duty is hard on the shop compressor so I'm about to
put a small diaphram pump from a defunct soldering station on it for the
air supply. Worse, I found and bought a round tuit coffee cup but it
hasn't helped. Too many other hobbies I guess. ;o)

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis