On Tue, 16 Nov 2021 at 07:21, John Dammeyer <jo...@autoartisans.com> wrote:

> Would this type of USB 3.0 to Ethernet work with Ethernet supported MESA
> boards?

I doubt it. I think that the underlying reasons why LinuxCNC does not
support USB would still apply. (ie USB is generally buffered and the
standard allows for delays of many milliseconds)

But why not try it and see what happens?

At work we use these a lot (for high-speed data acquisition, but I
assume that the data itself is timestamped)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/TechRise-Aluminium-Converter-Compatible-Ultrabook/dp/B07YFLGYZK
(Not that particular manufacturer, but the same aluminium body is
available from many brands)

At least if it does not work with a Mesa card you have a handy USB hub
for a Pi or Beaglebone.

--
atp
lunatics."