________________________________
From: andy pugh
On Mon, 21 Feb 2022 at 19:09, John Dammeyer <jo...@autoartisans.com> wrote:

> My wired pendant like the one in the video works great.  But I'm not sure how
> that's relevant to my question with respect to someone wanting 4 rotary axis
> that currently doesn't exist in MACH4

I don't think it matters all that much if an axis is rotary or linear.
There isn't anything to stop you setting the U axis scale such that it
rotates an effector in degrees.

Teach programming isn't super well-explored, I don't think. But there
is a sample script:
https://github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/master/src/emc/usr_intf/axis/scripts/teach-in.py
With a minimal manual page:
https://linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/man/man1/teach-in.1.html
As it stands the script only records X, Y, Z. But as it's Python
expanding to more would be trivial. It would also be relatively easy
to have it output actual G-code programs rather than a position list.

--
atp
lunatics."