For making a simple and quick GUI in Python I found
https://www.pysimplegui.org/

With this, I can make a basic GUI app in 15 or 20 minutes with checkboxes,
sliders, and so on.  It uses dramatically fewer lines of code.  It is built
on top of tkiner which is the default Python GUI.   There is next to zero
learning curve.  Anyone can pick it up quickly.    I use this for making
robot controller panels, where I have many sliders for parameter adjustment
and a few action buttons.   But it does not do things like OpenGL in a
window.

On Sat, Nov 5, 2022 at 5:33 AM T Hyde <laser...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Good morning!
> I am working on a new project that will require me to develop a brand new
> customized GUI.
> This won't be Axis with an extra tab or panel but will need to be a
> complete GUI screen set. It will likely not have a G-Code preview so it is
> my understanding that Glade or pyqt are probably the most appropriate
> platforms to work with. I have old experience with Glade and the python
> connections required and am quite comfortable there however seem to recall
> some recent threads about glade no longer remaining compliant with Debian
> 10 or the current RT environment in regards to versions available in the
> repositories. Additionally seeing some install notes for pyQT apparently
> some of the environment must also be built from source due to lack of
> binaries and repositories.
> Is the above all old information and there are simple steps to get
> developing? Also is there a preferred platform to lean towards for new
> development purposes that will be supported for the next 3-4 years?
>
> I will be building in the current release of Linux CNC 2.8.4 Deb 10
> Preempt, stock iso install, and would like to keep that compatibility
> forward.
>
> Many thanks on the opinions,
> Ted.

Chris Albertson