On 12/9/23 06:13, andy pugh wrote:
On Wed, 6 Dec 2023 at 16:08, Leonardo Marsaglia <ldmarsag...@gmail.com> wrote:

Just a little update. We're going to try and feed all the voltages on the
main board of the control (+5V, +15V, -15V, and 24V) with normal switching
PSUs

Depending on the current requirements on each channel you might want
to look at using a single PSU and a bunch of buck or boost converter
modules.

My mill has a 2kw 24V supply and then 4x buck converters (with LED
voltage displays) to feed the PC motherboard, 5V and 12V logic.

Those tend to be BBLB stuff, and I've not had great luck. A to 5 volt buck crowbared thru, putting the full 24 on the 5 volt stuff with the expected results, lots of smoke. Lasted under a year, so I don't consider it since.
Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis