tis 2023-12-12 klockan 21:34 -0500 skrev gene heskett:
> On 12/12/23 17:39, Nicklas SB Karlsson wrote:
> > Have a quite large part compared to the machine there I put the
> > zero
> > point in the lower left corner. As machine limits for (x, y)
> > movements
> > are zero in the middle an offset is added then touch off part.
> > Pretty
> > sure I got it right and part is within machine limit but check fail
> > complain axis is outside of machine limit.
> >
> > Then an offset is added either by G10 L2 or by touch off button
> >   machine coordinates and G-code coordinates does not agree
> > anymore. So
> > problem might be Linuxcnc check the G-code only but do not add the
> > offset set during touch off or of simply make the calculations
> > wrong.
> >
> > There also seems to be a problem with the minimum and maximum
> > limits
> > shown in the preview view. Then no offset is added machine and
> > relative
> > position is same and everything is OK. But then an offset is added
> > by
> > G10 L2 or touch off it seems selecting machine position in view
> > menu
> > show coordinates in G-code which must be wrong then an offset is
> > added
> > to the G-code. Selecting relative coordinates show other
> > coordinates
> > with same distance but they are neither the numbers from the G-code
> > nor
> > the absolute position if I maded the calculation correct.
> >
> > Anybody else had similar problem?
> >
> Those limits Nik, set in the .ini file, are relative to the g53
> coordinate map, or are supposed to be. That's so they don't move
> physically when the mapping is changed by a touch off or whatever.
Yes the machine limits are given in the G53 coordinate system. These
machine limits don't move then mapping is changed.

Absolute coordinates for machining a part given in another coordinate
system will however change then mapping is changed.

> You also didn't note which version you're using. Andy will want to
> know.
Version is given as 2.10.0~pr0 in the about dialog box.

It seems limit check for mapping work as expected if g-code file is
reloaded after mapping is changed. Did not check the G92 offset.

There is similar problem for tool length compensation. If I got it
correct then limit check fail it seems reload g-code file after tool
length is changed then limit check is updated. If tool length is
changed from a length within machine limits to outside the machine
limits reload g-code do not trigger the limit check and Linuxcnc have
to be restarted again to trigger the limits check. Not totally sure
about the effect pressing the menu item reload tool data have but if I
got it correct it does not update the limit check.

Regards Nicklas Karlsson