Adding anything inside is the worst place to add material.   Add it outside.
Stiffness is the cube of the beam thickness, so you really want to make it
bigger.

Then secondary to making it bigger is to improve the shape to remove those
parallel sides.

So it you are just going to epoxy something on, try adding something like a
channel section to the top or side of the beam.