Yoni Rabkin <y...@rabkins.net> writes:

> There is nothing stopping us from adding support for this program, but
> it certainly can't be shipped alongside Emms.

What are the criteria?

> Any idea if it is packaged with any major distros (it isn't in my
> Trisquel install)?

It is available on Arch Linux AUR.  I can package it for more distributions.

> I'm currently looking at mid3v2 as well as an option for id3v2.

Link?

> We may end up with multiple backends for tagging, just like we have
> players.
>
> To be clear: multiple backends is not the result I am hoping for, but
> may be better than nothing at all (maybe...)

What are you looking for exactly?  A light version of Tag Editor?  If
so,  I guess this will need a rewrite from scratch.

--
Pierre Neidhardt

A verbal contract isn't worth the paper it's written on.
                -- Samuel Goldwyn