Ben, The general direction of your comments n this post is very
interesting. I think you are following a path you had not done before.

"Should we distinguish between being aware in the moment and
being aware of the memory of having been aware in the past? The notion
of trajectory seems to imply the latter. If we limit ourselves to the
moment, it seems a trajectory cannot exist."

The distinction you make between "in the moment" and "the memory of the
moment" I believe is crucial. The difference is like dreaming and telling
of the dream.

If in the moment of daydreaming trajectory cannot exist, how can we say
possibly that an aware of daydreaming in the moment (therefore
predictability) possible?

Murat