Happy New Year as well!

Resolutions coupled with critique; this is a period when we have to fight, against not only fake news, diatribes, violence and hatred, but also against simplistic analysis; we must learn to listen - to any and all voices. We were not prepared to comprehend the suddeness of the concrete overturning of legislations we fought for and believe in, and too many of us have turned to such despair, as to be basically dysfunctional; I see this over and over again. So we must stay alive (too much talk of suicide and total resignation) in the first place; and we must be prepared to resist, on whatever level we can.

- Resist, make art, make noise, be furious!

(A personal resolution - to stay away from Facebook and other social media platitudes/aphorisms that serve to comfort us - and instead tend towards deeper listening and analysis: not against theory, but theory with a swerve and the long take. The world's too complex otherwise and the surface of Fb etc. is horrific and inauthentic (in Sartre's sense) in this regard. And another personal resolution - to stay away from Heidegger!)

- Alan