From:  <empyre-boun...@lists.artdesign.unsw.edu.au> on behalf of Nina Galin
<nina.ga...@gmail.com>
Date:  Wednesday, 15 February 2017 at 12:52 PM
To:  soft_skinned_space <empyre@lists.artdesign.unsw.edu.au>
Subject:  Re: [-empyre-] Welcome to Week 2: Kathy High and Lindsay Kelley

Dear colleagues and perhaps future friends,

I have been "lurking" around these discussions, on and off, for the last few
years. I am a body-based artist (dance, theater, performance, somatics),
educator and therapist, working outside of any institution since I completed
my Performance Studies PhD in 2012.  I am based in Santa Rosa, northern
California, U.S. Sue Hawksley introduced me to empyre.

I just want to thank Byron, Renate, Kathy and Lindsay for humor and irony!
in particular as a U.S citizen I feel the healing and sustaining effects of
your uses of wit, humor and irony in response to our horrifying and
disgusting political situation. Indeed, friendship and collaboration are at
the heart of my/our survival. Thank you for persevering in what you all do,
and I hope to be able to connect with you in months and years to come.

Nina Galin

www.ninagalin.com <http://www.ninagalin.com>
www.vimeo.com/ninagalin <http://www.vimeo.com/ninagalin>