Hello Andrea,
Absolutely loved your participation a few months ago and so glad you have
joined in on –empyre-.  Many of us in the North America will be making it to
Los Angeles to the College Art Association.  If anyone from –empyre- listserv
will be around we can arrange to meet for drinks.

We have most definitely touched down in real space—IIt was featured as part of
documenta 12's Magazine Project conducting three moderated conversations in
2006 and 2007. In 2008, --empyre- collaborated with the Anderson Art Ranch in
Snowmass, Colorado to offer two Presidential Full Merit Scholarships to members
of the -empyre- community. -empyre- also has collaborated with institutions and
festivals to produce dynamic online forums for physically located events. Some
of those events have included the Cornerhouse in Manchester, Marcos Weskamp's
Social Circles visualization slice of the list dynamics. In 2008 -empyre-
co-hosted a special conference with City Light Books on Paul Virilio in San
Francisco, In 2009, a special panel on "viral marketing" was hosted by Exit Art
in New York City. In 2010 a discussion held around The Making Sense Colloquium
at the Centre Pompidou, Paris was sponsored by -empyre-. And in the fall of
2011 -empyre- hosted a networking event at the annual ISEA (International
Symposium for Electronic Arts) in Istanbul, Turkey. We also participated in a
HASTAC conference in Peru in 2015 and met many –empyreans- on solid ground.

If you will be in LA between February 18 to 20th let us know.
Renate

Andrea wrote-
Hello longtime empyreans,

Being very new to this community since winter 2017 I enjoy that this is an
online listserv because it is devoted to *discussing *things.
Facebook is about to popularize an idea and if you start a Twitter (with
its limit of word count) the only thing it does to get a lot of people
interested in your observation and creates quick connection to others that
are fleeting.

In this short time Im part of the listserv it gave me in contrast to other
online platforms connection to people that are devoted to deeper thinking
and willing to discuss and engage with others people thinking.

I do sense a desire to meet the listserv people in person, so may be in the
near future as an extension of this listserv virtual space there could be
an opportunity to meet as well in a physical space.

looking forward to meet others thinking and being and be part of the
discussions that grows out of this listserv community.

warmly

andrea
—————
andrea haenggi
artist, choreographer, dancer, radical care sitter
faculty at Laban/Bartenieff Institute of Movement Studies

Renate Ferro
Visiting Associate Professor
Director of Undergraduate Studies
Department of Art