The problem with the digital writing is the lack of a real “conversation”.
And it was the reason I ended my active presence in Stumble Upon I didn’t
face any challenge posting my lectures my links and my thoughts in the
empty space.
It was the same with Scoop.it, an interesting platform created in Italy
where you curate news and links. I was very active at the beginning but now
I am not using it any more. For some reasons as the above.
I made a long break in my use of Facebook for the same reasons the lack of
interactivity and I feel the same in Twitter now I get very seldom an
answer to my postings and it’s rare to find some interested in a
conversation for a longer period.

That’s one of the reasons I love -empyre :) the form is still for me one of
the most successful ways to use digital writing as a way to interact to
have reactions and to generate new thoughts.

I am a traditional writer as well, I published between 10 and 14 books,
fiction, poetry, essays, translations, a children book. But excepting the
reviewers who presented the books in cultural pages I got very little
response from my readers. If you add up them I have surely ten or twelve
thousand readers, but they are as mute as my 5000 Twitter followers. My
Facebooks friends, almost four thousand, are better reacting but it’s very
rare to have a long term conversation.

I love Walter  Benjamin’s writings, specially his book “Passagenwerke”, his
books about the galleries in Paris and the “flaneur”, the one engaged in
casual strolls in discovering new paths new things to see, the one able to
walk endlessly without reaching any special point, the one seeing behind
the map or the print or the canvas of a city.

I am a digital flaneur and want to discover the unseen.

Ana

--
https://anavaldes.wordpress.com/
www.twitter.com/caravia158

<http://www.scoop.it/t/postcolonial-mind/>

cell Sweden +4670-3213370
cell Uruguay +598-99470758

your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always
long to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci