Hola all,

I would suggest all of these options at the same time (if at all possible).
But, sometimes these shifting grids allow for something else to occur
that is unexpected and as I suggest else where - we can use these
spaces or trajectories as "rehearsal-labs" that disturb multiple staging
zones: CALIT2, arts&humanities, activism(s), computing and the arts,
media studies, etc., - but then again I only been in the university as
a institution for a brief period of time - and the strange attractors might
be possible between speeding things up and slowing them down at the
the same time - so that hactivating design is a question of "designing"
time - via complex storytelling that unfolds/re-folds these gesture or
-abilites (of a Benjaminain sort) into option 7.

This is an old note from the seeds of time, that I still offers diagrams
towards
these questions:

(Timeline 1998):

A note was hand delivered to me during a gathering of Radical Media groups
in New York City at The Thing (a critical community server) by a network
that has been doing advance work on Zapatismo, digital activism, and html
democracies.

It was a note from the Lizard Queen:

 (Message 445-Ixil /encrypted in the usual manner-con amor.c)

 hola cyber/compadre,
 Fox is showing reruns of "V", that old Sci-Fi flick, again. We
 all sit in the cantina (and watch the only TV in the community:
 the women, the children, the men, and the drunks).

 The Lizard agents are trying to control the world and a few
 small groups form a global resistance movement. The movie
 shows the conflicts and tensions between the cells, the danger
 of staying aboveground, the endless struggle against the growing
 technoforce of the Lizard-Power structure. The Lizards are also
 harvesting the humans for snacks. This is not a movie says one
 of the kids - plenty of Lizards around here.

More:
http://www.ctheory.net/articles.aspx?id=203

--
Ricardo Dominguez
Associate Professor

Visual Arts Department, UCSD
http://visarts.ucsd.edu/
Principal Investigator, CALIT2
http://calit2.net
Co-Chair gall...@calit2
http://gallery.calit2.net
CRCA Researcher
http://crca.ucsd.edu/
Ethnic Studies Affiliate
http://www.ethnicstudies.ucsd.edu/
Center for Iberian and Latin American Studies Affiliate
http://cilas.ucsd.edu

Hemispheric Institute of Performance and Politics,
Board Member
http://hemi.nyu.edu

University of California, San Diego,
9500 Gilman Drive Drive,