Perhaps an ontology of groups is in order. In USA we look at statistical groups for demographics, you know groups to sell something to or voting blocks. Then there are belief groups such as churches and fringe groups such as sovereign state people or Aryan nation or tax rebellion. The positive progressive groups such as unions or environmentalists are usually demonized by both the right wing and the mass media. It's odd but I think you see the full force of consumer capitalism at work on warping information.