Simon,

I have seen people in Facebook toy around with the idea of having a "dislike"
button, but it hasn't been implemented. I wonder what would happen with such a
button. My guess is that few people would use it. It's so easy to "shut down"
anyone in Facebook (or other large-scale digital networks, for that matter)...
you can simply ignore dislikers and, as an extreme case, delete them from your
list. People would not use the button because of fear of being excluded or
deleted.

Can networks like Facebook be regarded as disciplining technologies for
individuals, as training grounds for adapting to the disengaged, "everybody
happy", positive thinking stance favored (and needed) by contemporary
capitalism?

Eugenio Tisselli Vélez
cub...@yahoo.com
http://www.motorhueso.net