Thank you Melinda for starting out the month of June on -empyre-.
Here is a bit more information on an all call to all subscribers to
-empyre-  We are looking forward to hearing from all of you.

An Archival Event: Who is –empyre?

>From our website:
-empyre- is a global community of new media artists, curators,
theorists, producers, and others who participate in monthly thematic
discussions via an e-mail listserv.
-empyre- facilitates online discussion encouraging critical
perspectives on contemporary cross-disciplinary issues, practices and
events in networked media

Noting -empyre- soft-skinned space’s passage through its tenth-year
anniversary, (January 2012) we have been spending time cruising
through the layered archive of posts during that time.
http://lists.cofa.unsw.edu.au/pipermail/empyre/

-empyre- has grown from a small organic collective begun by Melinda
Rackam to a large international listserv, now with over 1600 members.
One of Melinda's brilliant moves was to link the list serve to
software that automatically archives each post for future access --
this was quite a prescient feat a decade ago.

As we have been thinking of interesting ways to mark the passage into
the next decade, as -empyre- continues to morph and grow in the
environment of Web 2.0 (now clearly with many, many more lurkers and
passive participants than active interlocutors), we thought it might
be nice to take a moment to archive the projects of our members.

This is an open invitation to all of our subscribers.  We invite you
to submit a post with:
1) a brief bio, with contact information
2) a two-paragraph description of your practice, current/recent
projects, or writing or curatorial activities

Thanks to all of you.
Renate Ferro, Tim Murray, Simon Biggs, and Patrick Lichty

Renate Ferro
Visiting Assistant Professor of Art
Cornell University
Department of Art, Tjaden Hall Office #420
Ithaca, NY  14853
Email:   <r...@cornell.edu>
      http://www.privatesecretspubliclies.net
Lab:  http://www.tinkerfactory.net

Managing Co-moderator of -empyre- soft skinned space
http://empyre.library.cornell.edu/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empyre