In one way we should be looking at children as antennae of the future - but I
worry that this is might develop into a romantic trope.

Wherever we are in our individual growth - that already has a 1billion year
development, (if you calculate from the origins of multicellular creatures). So
though we see innocent behaviour in our younger selves, it is the mature self
which is for me most interesting: We have been through complex situations and
developed complex minds and it is in the maelstrom of individualised behaviour
that the future is growing.

The velocitised self is becoming paradigmatically equipped for a life within an
externalised memory system. Were we to survive ecological disaster we would
have work though this paradigm, then the next, then the next. Maybe we die
within a few paradigms, maybe we transmute.

But right now in the present, we are about the business of understanding our
behaviour and also, and for me this is the most important - making art.

I've just been to the Glastonbury Festival (I live nearby so I've been watching
this for a long time) and whilst sitting on a hillside overlooking 150,000
people at play, I saw a cognitive distributive system, where, interspersed,
were individual or groups of musicians, speakers, artists, performers and
poets, themselves cognitive nodes were distributing new variations of thinking
and being throughout the entire network. A city is similar, a knowledge polis
(to borrow Tom Holerts concept) is similar - and the world is also similar on a
larger scale. We are all connected now and so we experience that as velocitised
and this brings questions on the individual workings of the artist: What is our
role, what is our most important question, what should be our behaviour, what
should we make/do/conceptualise?

Just laying out some questions asks for a reply but of course in steps the
rationale mind to answer. This time however we must find the answers not
through ratiocination, but through entrained and cognitive mind. Every so often
I glimpse this mind at work and in a weeks time I shall go to Venice to get a
picture of how a certain group of us are functioning. I hope to catch more
glimpses of the developing paradigm there.

Best, Terry

On 4 Jul 2013, at 18:21, Christina Spiesel