De: Murat Nemet-Nejat <mura...@gmail.com>
Fecha:11/11/2014  18:22  (GMT-03:00)
A: soft_skinned_space <empyre@lists.cofa.unsw.edu.au>
Asunto: Re: [-empyre-] sample from today

Ana, well not always. Remember Conrad's The Secret Agent? But anarchist had
less power than institutional power  to wreak destruction and, as far as I
know, none of them was a suicide bomber, the tool that gives the modern
terrorist the ability to influence minds far beyond their numbers.

Interestingly, Hakim Bey regards himself an anarchist and now lives some place,
I think, upstate New York in "retirement." His books on Sufism, its subversive
position within Islam, had a great influence on my work.

I always wandered the adoption of "Hakim Bey" as a nom de guerre since Hakim
Bey is the name of the uniformed Turkish police officer, played by Orson Wells,
in the film A Cask for Demetrius.

Ciao,

Murat