Thank you Murat! I feel that the apocalyptical utopies from Boko Haram and
ISIS trying to shape their own worldorder are signs of our time. ISIS is
invoking the Caliphate, the go back to Al Andalous, a kind of golden age
where Paradise loomed with it's fruits and rewards. Boko Haram want,
regarding to their narrative, go back to the Africa from before
colonization, a continent where mighty empires lived in harmony with the
Earth.
The fact they impose their new order with terror and harshness is a kind of
symbolical and pagane cosmogony, they want take distance from "our" gods,
for them education in Western terms is an abomination, the suicide bomber
who killed himself yesterday killing 50 students is a true representant of
their philosophy or beliefs. For us is education normalization, progress,
development, enlightenment, for them is education a deadly sin.
Ana