I agree with Floh that it probably won't help much on gzip size. Also it
might make things slower (some variables might have undefined instead of 0,
etc., so more types to track), and you'd need to be careful to only remove
actually redundant things (some |0's are necessary).

But you can test something close to this pretty easily, build with
--closure 2 which will run closure advanced on the asm.js code. That should
remove obviously-redundant asm.js things.