I agree!

A bunch of us are using the #emscripten room on discord together with the
larger WebAssembly community, but like you I'd prefer to see something more
open in use. So if someone wants to set up a room on matrix or freenode
that would be great! There's no reason to have just one location, and we
can document all the options equally.

- Alon