Hi Lakshminath,

Lakshminath  Dondeti schrieb:
At the expense of generating some confusion, here is my take on this:

The objection is to having to carry multiple integrity checksums in GPSK, if we used the combined mode *and* an integrity algorithm.

I don't agree with you. There is no reason to optimize a few bits in a pre-shared secret method.
Note that we are not talking about a protocol for data transfer.
We wanted the flexibility to use different cipher suites. We do not only want to use cipher suites that provide authenticated encryption (since we almost have nothing to encrypt; currently 1 bit and almost no EAP method provides this functionality).

Ciao
Hannes

I think CCM is fine for instance, the only catch is that we need to make sure and define AAD for CCM carefully to include appropriate data into the integrity checksum calculation. So, once we define CCM as the mode, we shouldn't need AES-CMAC-128 if encryption is being used.

I would suggest using CCM and specifying the use of it fully so it can be used without misunderstandings. If you want me to put some time into writing that up, let me know.

cheers,
Lakshminath