But if I missed something and implementors are fine with “Zero-byte”, I do not
object. Zero-bytes is allowed by the TLS 1.3 specification and theoreticallty
better as it is not send normally.

From: Emu <emu-boun...@ietf.org> on behalf of John Mattsson
<john.mattsson=40ericsson....@dmarc.ietf.org>
Date: Friday, 19 February 2021 at 07:09
To: Joseph Salowey <j...@salowey.net>, EMU WG <emu@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Emu] Consensus call for result indicators in EAP-TLS 1.3

Small nit: Zero-byte application record was removed in -06 as many TLS
implementations did not support sending a Zero-byte application record.
Zero-byte was then changes to send 0x00 but accept any application data. Other
EAP-TLS based method might require longer specific stings like “EAP-Success”.

I think you questions are fine if the word “Zero-byte” is removed everywhere.

Cheers,
John