Heikki Vatiainen <h...@radiatorsoftware.com> wrote:
    > I haven't worked with CBOR, but I'd be interested to know if, for
    > example, how careful we need to be with serialiser/deserialiser to
    > avoid problems similar to exponential expansions attacks [1], etc. TLVs

There are no entities like in XML, so that won't work.
CBOR now includes a "packed" format which is essentially a bespoke
compression system for CBOR, with the decompressor defined.
Encoders (compressors) can be as complicated as one likes.

The billion_laughts attack might be possible with packed CBOR, but as a CBOR
Protocol user, you would be justified if you just said, "no packed CBOR"

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+i...@sandelman.ca>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )