Sam Thursfield <sss...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Attendee badges:
> > https://github.com/gnome-design-team/gnome-marketing/tree/master/events/guadec/2017/badges
>
> Quick point about these -- if we go with the 2-clip lanyards rather
> than the 1-clip lanyard they are much less likely to rotate all the
> time, so we might get away with the name only on one side.

This thought had occurred to me as well. I eventually decided to keep
the name on both sides because a) it still saves people the hassle of
checking which way round the badge is before they put it on and b) I
wasn't quite sure how to fill the extra space we'd gain by removing
the name from one side.

What might swing it is if we could put some information on the inside
cover that people need to frequently consult. The extra convenience of
having that information available at a glance would probably mitigate
the hassle of having to check the badge direction before putting it
on. A good solution would be to enable having the day's schedule on
the inside. However, that would probably require a more complex
printing arrangement [1].

Allan

[1] https://www.dropbox.com/s/jiqu1pte3y75gqt/badge-concept.png?dl=0